Access Statement For
Broadland Sands Holiday Park
We strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy the accommodation, facilities and surroundings within the park. We aim to help in any way that we can and if you require assistance during your stay or while planning your visit we will be delighted to assist. Current facilities and services offered are:
- We cater for both privately owned static caravans and static caravans for hire. Our hire caravans are a mixture of both 6 and 8 berth static caravans in a range of types and prices. Internal layouts vary, as will dimensions and sizes/ spacing of furniture, such as beds, are to manufacturers standard specifications.
- Our website shows all details of accommodation with prices along with good descriptions of all amenities and things to see and do.
- Our brochure is available on request and we can also post you a copy of this access statement if required.
- We offer fax, email, telephone and staff always accept Type Talk calls.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Reception area has a car park area to the front and side.
- There is a designated parking bay for guests with a disability.
- We operate a 10 miles per hr speed limit.
- All holiday homes have a designated parking area for one car on the door side, additional vehicles must be parked in the designated car park by reception.
- All facilities are clearly signposted.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Access to reception is directly from the car park.
- There is a designated parking bay for guests with a disability.
- The entrance is ramped.
- There is room for wheelchair users to maneuver and turn.
- Guests check in on arrival and keys are released from 4 p.m.
- Limited seating available in reception area.
- A low level table is available.
- Opening times 9.00am to 5.00pm daily.
- Reception is happy to take delivery of medical supplies for our customers.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Surfaced roads service all areas of the park.
- There is a pay phone by the swimming pool available 24 hours a day.
Public Areas – WC
- The park has toilets that are situated within the Club complex with facilities for disabled use and baby changing. Accessible from 9 am to 11.00 pm daily.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- We have a fully licensed bar for you to enjoy (opening times will vary depending on the time of the season).
- The Restaurant / Take Away area is situated just inside the club entry via the conservatory or reception.
- The Launderette is open daily from 9.00am to 9.00pm daily, situated close to arcade and club entrance.
- There are two coin slotted, top loading washing machines, that each takes two £1 coins per wash.
- There are 2 front loading driers, each taking 50 pence pieces.
- 2 irons & ironing boards are available.
- Wash baskets subject to availability.
- Limited seating.
- Stepped entrance if assistance is required please contact reception where Service wash can be arranged for guests with a disability.
- We sell essential provisions i.e. bread, milk, tea and coffee etc from the reception. We have no shop on the park.
- We have a supermarket within a very short drive of the park and a garage shop that also sells essential provisions.
- An outdoor heated swimming pool and children’s paddling pool open from 16th May – 28th August (start finish dates will vary from year to year, please check). Opening times 10.00am to 4.00pm daily.
- The pool shallow end is 1metre deep and the deep end is 3 metres deep.
- Both ends of the pool have ladder style steps with hand rail to enter / exit the pool.
- The pool has lifeguards but children must be supervised by their parent / guardian at all times.
- Toilets & showers are located in the pool area.
- Beer garden area located to the side of the large conservatory with bench table seating.
- Children’s play area by the main complex of the park, suitable for children from 3 to 11 years old only. Seating situated in the play area.
- The play area is not supervised and children remain the responsibility of their parents / guardians at all times. Play area should not be used after dusk out of consideration for others.
- Tennis, crazy golf and pitch & putt available, equipment for hire from reception.
- Family Entertainment program includes visiting cabaret, this may include strobe lighting and loud music, please check specific shows.
- Main club entrance is via the arcade or conservatory.
- Meals can be purchased from the counter in the club.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
- All caravan holiday homes have steps to the entrance and have a handrail on one side except caravans adapted for use by guests with a disability.
- Each caravan comprises of either 2 or 3 bedrooms with a pull out double bed in the lounge area, sleeping max 6 /8 guests.
- Our caravan adapted for disabled use has a ramp to the entrance, it has 2 bedrooms with a pull out double bed in the lounge and sleeps maximum of 6 guests. Ramps are not available on any other type of caravan.
- We operate a ‘NO DOGS ALLOWED’ policy, with the exception of registered guide dogs for the blind & hearing dogs.
- Parking is next to your caravan.
- Colour Televisions in each caravan.
- Gas fires in the lounge with electric panel / warm air heaters in bedrooms and shower room.
- All caravan holiday home bedrooms have either twin or single beds fitted.
- No bunk beds.
- Some accommodations have ‘goes under beds’, to make space if cots space is required. Please ask at time of booking.
Bathroom/ Shower-room & WC
- All accommodations have shower bathrooms and toilet facilities
- Kitchens are of a standard level entry build. We do have a caravan adapted for disabled use; please check when booking that it meets your requirements.
- The dining areas are either table with bench seating and stools or table and chairs, in either case they will seat no more than 4/6 people.
- A fridge with freezer box is provided.
- All accommodation has a full size cooker plus microwaves and toasters. (Bronze category caravans do not have a microwave or toaster)
- Our reception offers a wide selection of information on local attractions, things to see and do while on holiday with us, our friendly staff will be to pleased to help or advise.
- Discount tickets to some local attractions can be purchased from reception.
Grounds and Gardens
- The park is flat with surfaced roads.
- Off road the park is grassed with many various trees to add to its beauty. Grass areas may become soft after prolonged rain.
- There is some bench seating around the tennis courts and in the children’s play area to just sit and relax.
- Our holiday park caters primarily for family holidays and same sex parties of 3 or more people or young mixed parties will only be accepted at the discretion of the Management.
- Accommodation will be available from 4.00pm on day of arrival. We are happy to welcome you at the park earlier, where you can use the facilities until your accommodation is ready.
- Accommodations should be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure.
- If you will be arriving after reception is closed, please inform the park and you will be given directions for late check in. All arrivals must check in before 11.00pm.
- Address: Broadland Sands Holiday Park, Coast Road, Corton, Lowestoft, Suffolk. NR32 5LG
- Telephone: 01502 730939
- Fax: 01502 730071
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.broadlandsands.co.uk
- Hours of operation: 9.00 am – 11.00 pm
- Emergency number: Hopton Doctors Surgery:01502732246
- Local equipment hire companies: British Red Cross – 0845 0547181
- Local public transport numbers: 01502 568841 (First Buses)
- Local accessible taxi numbers: 01502 515151 & 01493 300300
- Tourist Information Centre – 01502 533600 & 01493 846345
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01502 730939 or email email@example.com